Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Krylon Gloss Paint for Jewelry


Last year a tubie (Youtuber for you new to the 'tube) saved my life! I was wondering if there was a way for me to protect my costume jewelry without having to spend 30 minutes of my life, literally, painting a ring or a necklace or some damn earrings with clear nail polish. Low and behold the answer, falling into my lap like a mobile computer! (Say whaaaaaaaat??)
Who would have ever thought to use clear, high gloss spray paint as a protector for painted metal? Not me!
I've been using this for a few months now and I have to say, this is the BEST solution for protecting your forever21 haul (c'mon, you know you've done it too) jewelry and keeping it in its best shape ever!

4 comments:

Adriana said...

Oh awesome thanks for sharing =) I would have never thought of using this.

Julia said...

how has this worked out long-term for the pieces you sprayed? also, if the piece has a cheap stone embedded, should the stone be covered before spraying? (with like tape or saran wrap or something)
Thanks!

KyToy said...

I completely forgot about my own blog! LOL Hey ladies!! Thank you for reading my silly little blog and commenting.

@Adriana its GREAT! I am SO happy that a co worker of mine TOLD ME to go on youtube and to watch this vid. Saved my life LOL

@Julia you bring up valid points about the stones. I've noticed that when I do spray it on jewelry that do have stones they make them VERY glossy looking (slightly unnatural looking), so you're suggestion should work if used correctly. I'd use saran wrap only on larger stones (easy to apply on) and a painters tape that doesn't have an extremely sticky adhesive, on anything with multiple, smaller stones.

But ladies, I have to tell you, I go outside to my yard (never spray indoors as the fumes and smell will permeate) and spray quickly, hang it on my door knob (Im serious) and within about 2-3 minutes its completely dry and I don't have that instant itchy feeling (ahem, allergic reaction!!!) that I do when I wear costume jewelry straight from its packaging.

THANKS AGAIN LADIES FOR CHECKING THIS OUT!!!! =D I need to revamp, don't I? lol

KyToy said...

Oh & @Julia You will have to spray often. Like once every 1-2 months, depending on how often that piece is worn. If its worn often, then it'll keep it looking nice for a while (probably longer than expected). I've had a particular necklace for over a year because I spray it. HOWEVER, I haven't been wearing it lately as often as I used to either. So, it all depends.